View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Torsion Bar Information

I had my torsion bars adjusted this weekend by a garage that does professional alignments for individuals as well as many of the local delaerships. The system they used has digital cameras, IR sensors, and wheel mounted reflectors that measure the usual (caster, camber, etc. etc.). The system keeps a record of all adjustments for fine tuning or complete reversal.

The mech that did the work felt that the factory alignment was not correct from the get go. He spent about an hour and a half on the alignment and torsion bar adjustment. Total height adjustment was around three inches in the front and it now sits level. However, he had to adjust the torsion bars many more times than the two or three often spoke of on here. He also said that he wants to see it in 7,000 miles (10,000 mark) to check for settling. Perhaps every H3 is a bit different?

Regardless, after 100 miles of driving both highway and street conditions, ride quality is tighter with less sway. Overall, I'd say it was worth the $40. I will post if I see any unusual wear on parts or tires.