View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale
Default Re: alignment under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
I wouldn't approve it, but I have no say in your dealership. Alignment can be set off by driving on so-called paved roads. Depends on the roads in your area. Why should GM pay for something that is considered normal wear and tear.

If the vehicle was delivered with a bad alignment, something that would be noted in the first 1-2K miles, then yes, that should be under warranty, but with 15K!

I totally understand what you're saying but at what point does it become ridiculous? For example, I had the alignment done today (I don't have the invoice in front of me right now but I'll post what I paid later). Who's to say that I won't need to have it done again in a week? Shouldn't the vehicle be able to stand up to a certain amount of wear and tear without getting out of alignment? I'm not saying that having to do the alignment at 15k was unacceptable but I would be pretty pissed if I had to do it again at 16,000 miles. Is there a "warranty" attached to getting the alignment done? Based on what I'm hearing, the answer would be no since they have no way of knowing what kind of driving you're doing (off-road, etc.). Again, this concerns me because I've driven the same roads in several different vehicles I've owned and I've never needed to have my alignment fixed. I know the road conditions could have worsened, I might drive this vehicle harder, etc., but it seems to me that this is one of those things that could be a constant problem.