View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

trailerpup is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HD Torsion Bars have been ordered!!!

From further research, it looks like we will not need the tool. The last thing I checked was a .pdf of the Traxxes (or something, or other) instructions for swapping out the index keys. They said nothing about using the tool. So, it should be pretty easy.

On my Nissan hard-body, back in the day, I remembered where angle the key was when I had the bolt loosened. I also measured the length of the adjustment bolt (how many threads were showing through the back side of the key. When I put the new SAWs on, I put the keys in the same orientation, cranked the bolts until I had the same measurement, and I was pretty much back where I started with the stock T-bars.. I will explain all of this in greater detail... and I am sure some others will have some tips, when we get closer to T Bar heaven.

By the way, I just ordered Russell Stainless Braided brake lines, 180 bucks. I also got the speed bleeders. All from Jegs. The brake lines are a special order part #799-689780.... for anyone that's interested.

I spend all my money on this kind of bling. I like stuff that helps keep you going, or helps get you back (I did sink a bunch into the Stereo/DVD/Nav, though... gotta be comfortable too!).

Peace.