View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Info on Sand Driving Please

Hi All,

I spotted a thread on Sand Driving and it had some great information thanks!

Like many of you I am thinking about going to the Hummer Homecoming \ Silver Lake Sand Dunes and I had some specific questions about sand driving so I thought I would post them here:

1. A\C and Vents Is it better not to run the AC in the sand so that the sand does not get sucked into the vents. Along this line is it best to close the vents up \ tape them up to keep sand from getting in the vehicle.

2. Air Filter. I know from Dune Buggy \ Sand Rail we use to run pre-filter elements (essentially a really fine mesh) do I need this \ are they made for the hummer.

3. I read about taping the over the window openings \ windows down to get sand out of the moving parts. Should I do this with CD \ Player too?

4. It will be a 3 hour drive home for me. Other than hitting a car wash (hopefully I can hit a good 25? power wash or at least one with good under carrage spray) and doing a good visual inspection of the vehicle anything else I should do prior to having the oil \ fluids changed at dealer when returned?

5. Any other "house keeping" items for my H3 to help with clean-up. During the summer my H3 is a partial daily driver so I can put in some good elbow grease to clean it well when I get it home. Tips to get it back to show room clean would be great, I love to have fun but I also want to the truck to last a long time and look great.

Any advice would be great!