Thread: Water Pump
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Water Pump

Took me four hours but that was because I wanted to make sure everything was done right, least amout of anti-freeze on the floor, torque specs used when putting parts back on, ect.

To replace the pump.....

Had to take a big Cresent wrench and a plastic mallet to bust the fan nut loose. One guy that did a youtube video on changing the pump in a pick up used a air chisel to bust the nut loose, he put it flat against a corner of the nut and it did come loose pretty easy but that was not something I had in my tool box.

The radiator shroud comes out pretty easy after the fan and top radiator hose is removed, two bolts at the top and one clip to hold a couple metal lines that I think come from the tranny. Caution on putting it back in, the bottom lip goes on the inside of the bottom support.

I also removed the belt tensioner for the long belt before pulling the pump. (remove AC belt only).

Here is some more pics of draining the coolant (don't remove the petcock all the way or it will make a mess) and everything but the pump removed.

Hope it helps, Good luck Hellz, Ed

Attachment 54140

Attachment 54141

Attachment 54142

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:01 AM.