View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Scarsman is on a distinguished road
Default First trail ride for the H2. Pic heavy!

Well, yesterday we went out on our first trail run in the H2. We went to Walker Valley which is an OHV area in Skagit County Washington. We had never been there, and I had no idea what kind of trails there were. There are trails for 4x4s, quads, and bikes. I wasn't sure if there would be any trails the H2 would fit on, as I had read some reports online that it was strictly short-wheel-base-lifted-rig trails. Of course, that was on a Jeep forum.

First of all, we had only the afternoon, so we did not see but a fraction of the area. But, we did find a trail that was fun. It was not extreme, but it was tight, and there were rocks and stumps to negotiate. I did have to engage the locker a couple times due to articulation raising a wheel or two off the ground. But nothing extreme. Still fun though, and I was very impressed with the truck. It is surprisingly agile for such a big truck. Here are a few pictures of the day.

This is the entrance to the trail head. Due to the angle of the rocks I had to back in around the rock at the LR of the truck, then go forward through the obstacle.

Just for fun, here is a clip of a Jeep going out in the same spot. Not sure his spotters were really helping him! Not the best line he could have taken!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID3Ng0mf0pc
Wheels - Black bedliner on stock wheels
Gas cap lid - still chrome but will soon be black bedliner
Tail light guards - still chrome but will be black bedliner
Grill - Still chrome but will be black bedliner
Hmmmm, is there a pattern developing here?

Last edited by Scarsman : 07-03-2010 at 09:48 PM.