Thread: Tie Rod
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tie Rod

I don't think I see any grease zerts. How long will Hime joints last without grease? I know Skyjacker struts and track bars on Jeeps wear out quickly on the street. I will look at that somemore and see if I can find how to contact them with measurements just to run the scenario. I looked at some full size pickups and they are longer and not impressively bigger if at all.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The connected joints of the prior art comprise a plurality of articulated joints henceforth individually referred to as a ball joint. Dimensionally, the Hime Joint is similar in size to a conventional ball joint or tie rod end found in selected vehicle suspension systems. While it does offer the rotational capability of the ball joint, it lacks the connecting insert to allow it to act as a ball joint or tie rod end. The newly invented tapered, or alternatively, straight insert provides that added capability.

When the conventional upper and lower ball joints or tie rod ends are replaced with the Hime Joint and the newly invented tapered or straight insert is installed, new and unexpected results occur. The Hime Joint, when fitted with the newly invented tapered or straight insert provides proportionally greater vertical and or horizontal travel. This extra travel results in a dramatically improved suspension system; one that is up to eighty percent stronger and weighs less than the conventional ball joint system. Additionally the unsprung weight of the suspension system is reduced and handling is vastly improved. Friction is also greatly reduced compared to the conventional style ball joint.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.