Thread: Big Block SUT
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bhplumber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big Block SUT

A diesel conversion would be great BUT I don't want to spend 30K. Like I said Im not looking or race car just some grunt to pull my trailer twice a week. I only get about 10 mpg right now so I doubt an 8.1 swap or a built 6.0 is going to change the mpg that much.

I could go buy a diesel truck but I like my H2 and can buy a lot of fuel for what even a high mileage diesel would cost. Not to mention I still have to pay for fuel, insurance, and maintenance on the diesel.

I know some people think the H2 is a terrible vehicle. I have owned Jeeps, diesel trucks, 2 ford raptors, and custom built rock crawlers. None of which could do everything as good as my H2. They all have their place but IMO if you want one vehicle that can take you in the woods, through the snow, over the rocks, tow a trailer to work, and still be comfortable enough with 37" tires to take the wife out for a night on the town you have to have an H2!!!

Just my take on it.