View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Yah, I saw your pics on that a while ago before I picked up the spare carrier, so I was trying to find a solution to that before I got the spare carrier as I had concerns about whether it would fit the 40" or not. Didn't want to go roof mount because I was packing on the roof before I got the new rack and didn't like hearing the spare bouncing and shaking around up there. Also didn't like the pressure I saw it putting on the rack itself.

I ended up getting this swing arm off of a friends '08, $100, so you know I couldn't pass that up. Problem now is finding someone that can fabricate and do a clean job like yours because I really don't like how low it sits, looks kind of stupid.I also wanted to place a slight slant on it towards the vehicle. My offroad shop here does not fabricate so I am taking the time to find a decent shop. Had to do so much modding on my own with stuff already that I don't want to get into it unless it is going to be durable and clean. I have more modding yet that needs to be done so if you know of a good shop in my area, pass me a name.

BTW, love the rig man; nothing like a real man's Hummer.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)