View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 12:31 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

UPDATE:

It has been pretty warm here this winter SE GEORGIA.

This am it was 32 coldest it has been in weeks and since the belt change....the rattle is back...I do not feel the belt change and pully cleaning helped although they did say there were contaniments found on the belt and the pullys.

The rattle was also louder than ever, and it did the same ol.....once the truck was warm (and it took much longer even after the needle reached temp.) I also noticed the rattle changes loudness based on the throttle position...basically when I backed out of the driveway it got louder and changed the level of rattle as I applied the gas. Once down the street a bit it was gone.

I was standing on the pass side of the truck this am and now I have a hunch it might be a heat/exhaust shield under the truck. The reason I felt it was coming from the front of the motor (and it still might be this is all speculation at this point) is because I have always stood there and the way the under body cavity and contour is shaped (as in all vehicles) I think it is eminating from under the truck and the sound is traveling from under the body under the cavity for the transmission and out the underneath of the firewall into the engine bay like a megaphone.

I need to crawl under it this weekend as it is suppose to be cold. Every morning I have my dress chlothes on for work and it hasnt been an option.

Definately still there, definately cold and heat affected, goes away when truck is warmed up fully, which this am took much longer than normal.

I do not think it is internal in the motor. I need to get under the truck and check all the skids and all heat shields this weekend...

So bad news guys and gals I thought this was gone and to be honest it has been since the service 2 weeks ago, but again it got real cold here last night..

So I am still on the hunt for the location of the rattle and to stop it..

F5 Help! : > ) can you do some research on your GM computer to see if other techs have diagnosed the problem and fixed it?

The belt change did not fix it.
Thanks
UNO