View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
Solid axles, front and rear lockers, electronic diosconnecting sway bar connectors, better approach/departure angles, etc, should all make it much better off-road. If you just want a "branded" grocery getter, the H3 is a better option.

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
So..... Phil...... gonna start a Jeep Wrangler X club?
I'd have been tempted with a diesel, 6" lift, and 37's, would make for a pretty good trail vehicle, that you could still use daily. I'll definitely be interested at looking at the Unlimted Rubi. I think it will be very popular, they could have down a few things better, but I think Jeep did a pretty good job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you lifted an H3 and added a front locker and 37" tires, how would they compare in your mind to the lifted rubicon of which you speak?

H3 has a 4 ft tighter turning circle. I assume the approach, departure, and breakover angles on such a lifted/big-shoed H3 would be pretty good. It seems like the only real advantage would be the solid front axle on the Rubi and its say disconnects?