Thread: Touch Up Paint?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JV1:

On a side note, it is my opinion that GM's paint chips much easier than other manufacturers. I have an S-10 and it seems like if you just look at the thing, the paint chips off.

I HAD a Ford Explorer since 1998 and it didn't seem to chip anywhere near as much. Anyone have any thoughts on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The color makes a big difference. Some colors are "soft", it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. I had a blue Thunderbird with a very aerodynamic nose that caught every rock in front of it. Looked like a 16 year old kid with acne after about 6 months.

Last few cars have been white, it seems to be better (Dodge, Ford, and Mercury). My Superior Blue H3 seems to be a bit soft, but I've been pretty lucky on rock chips so far (except for the windshield).