Thread: Rear E-Locker
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale
Default Re: Rear E-Locker

Here is the circuit I?m thinking about to remotely control the e-locker. First, there are many different circuits to do this function. I?m leaning this way because you only need a single wire to run to the remote control switch. When you use the normal stock e-lock switch, the light green wire gets +12 volts and the black wire gets tied to ground. This energizes the relay?s coil. The contacts connect the e-locker coil to the transfer case shift control module.

When the normal stock e-lock switch is selected to disable the e-lock, you can control the e-locker using the remote switch. When the switch is closed, +12 volts is applied and current flows through a 5 amp fuse, a resistor (depends on the black wire to ground resistance measurement), to the e-locker coil, and then to ground.

It?s probably best to not use both the normal stock e-lock switch and the new switch. If both switches are used, you go over 20 MPH, and the transfer case shift control module tries to deenergize the e-locker, the relay will open and your remote switch will supply power to keep the e-locker engaged. The concern is I don?t know what happens to the e-locker while the relay transitions from on to off.

The part numbers listed are Radio Shack part numbers. Do not eliminate the diode.
Attached Images