View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is a JK Wrangler So Much Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
We ran BTR this year and it was a piece of cake. I turned away on that trail when I started out on it in my H2.

Not sure how many more trails it opens up. I'm just starting to look into it. I would think at least a dozen. But it will be fun finding more trails. I've run Hells, GS, etc so many times that's it's getting routine.

I don't buy for a second your argument that if you want to do harder trails - get a buggy. The whole thing is a continuum of user preferences for offroad vs comfort. It's not H2 (for both) and Buggy for off-road only. The JK bridges that gap between those two and that's were some people with a preference for more hardcore and less comfort will go. I did.

If I take you arguement the other way I'd end up saying "If you want more comfort, why don't you just buy a Suburban"? It's a flawed argument.

And, doing harder trails in a JK is no more risk for damage that GS in an H2. The JK is built for harder trails and thus is an equivalent risk, not more.

Hey CO,

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but to me your tone sounds like you are taking my opinions personally.

Dude......I like the JK's......look at WPage's comments.

I have driven the JK....actually a few different ones, both on the road and off.

As far as risk goes, I know several people with bad-ass rigs that I would guess are more capable than where your JK is now.......that have seriously broken on Pritchett. They were not able to fix on the trail, and had to be dragged/winched out by others, and towed home. I know two people that rolled TJ's on Rusty Nail. I would guess the majority of the new trails opened up to you exist in area BFE, and I have yet to see a JK on Helldorado, although I expect that soon one will put out footage.

Alan for me, the H2 fits my needs. I take my family with me wheeling as often as not, 3 kids under 12 and my little girl is in a car seat. They were forced out of the truck almost the entire trail on Moab Rim. This rig does what I need it to do now. I snowboard a lot in the winter and my kids and I have a ton of gear (it all fits in the two).

If you read what I wrote, I think we are saying many of the same things.

Everyone makes choices based on their own circumstances. For me, it comes down to toys and the funds available. I already have a motorcycle worth more than the buggy I posted above. If I was going to run the Helldorado type trails, I would prefer a buggy. Like I said if I'm towing it anyway.......why not?