View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 AM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale
Default Are there any good service places - Cochran in PA Sucks

How is service at Wright? Cochran's service sucks.

1) They couldn't install the new roof rails correctly - huge gaps. I asked them to fix the gaps and they still didn't install the pieces on either side of the windshield correctly. The pieces rattled when going 65 MPH or more. I had to fix them myself.

2) They couldn't re-install a GM front mud flap after replacing the parking brake cable. They lost the metal clips and relied on metal screws in soft plastic to hold 2 of the 3 fasteners - the screws just backed out of the holes when things vibrated. I had to make new metal clips

3) They couldn't find a simple buzz in the subwoofer. After they tried three times, I had to remove the panels and fix the buzzing myself.

4) They installed a new stereo head unit and couldn't hear a clicking sound that happened on AM/FM/CD. Had to make another trip to get a new head unit.

5) After they changed the parking brake cbale, I asked them to check the parking brake shoes since the parking brakes were spragging. They said they did and everything was fine. I pulled both rear wheels only to find both rotor wheel stud retaining clips in place - these clips are used during assembly to hold the rotors on (one clip per rotor); they are removed, thrown out, and not replaced when replacing the rotors and the rotors have to be removed to inspect the parking brakes.