View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Elcova Rookie

geauxturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcmedic:
But how many times have people from your forum been over here bashing H2's? The tie-rod video, the pics from accidents...And just about every one said they'd never seen an H2 off road. Well, the video shows them off road. But somehow I don't think you guys will stop.

I'll give you an example of one reason why I don't think you see many off-road. For instance, on this board...I just browsed around casualy for 4x4 clubs (not just h2 specific). I see none. I mean there is one in Louisiana...apparently in Shreveport. So, say some noob is looking to wheel. Does he know LA4x4 is in Baton Rouge and rides often? We're open to all 4x4s. Finding land to ride in Louisiana is not an easy task. Now, in Shreveport its a short drive to BMRA or Hot Springs. But further south you best chance to ride is to join up with us and hit private land that we have been able to get permission to ride or to make a road trip with the club.

Certainly there are Jeep only clubs, but there are a ton more that are non-jeep specific. Down here you could ride with AWOL, Delta 4x4, and Louisiana 4x4. You could even hook up with Bayou Jeepers in Shreveport...their name says Jeepers in it, but they wheel with other types of rigs.

We had the Louisiana Offroaders Expo last weekend. Not a single Hummer showed up. Probably because none knew about it. Sure, you'd be with about 50 or more Jeeps, but off-road is off-road regardless of what you're wheeling with.