View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear Brake/Axle Groan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
I beleve F5 problem was not the same. UU

It has to be the brakes they replaced the pads and cut rotors at 12,000 miles noise came back 6,000 miles later.I now have 22,000 on it.

Im trying for new rotors/pads but they wont authorize it without the field rep.
I dont know what the f*cks going on

I got to see what the serv manager says tommorow.

My biggest problem with this entire scenario (other than GM not getting the field rep out) is that there is no problem with the rear brakes that appears anywhere on warranty reports. These are not new style brakes, they have been around for many years. Rear pads, even on a large H3, should last for many moons (at least 50K). Rear brakes only do about 20% of the work when braking and going forward, unless a person does nothing but panic stops.

My noise at first was diagnosed as rear brakes. They raised the vehicle and disassembled the brakes and found no relation to the noise. They then went after the drivetrain, discovered the noise in the t/case, replaced it, and no more noise.

I can't sit here in my recliner and say it is definitely the brakes, or the t/case. I just know my sounds were similar to your sounds.

On the other hand, I still agree with Bebe. It has gone on too long now, and someone has to step forward and discover exactly what the problem is and fix it. If that takes an attorney to write a letter, or an appointment with an arbitrator, go for it. It appears, even on this site, there are only a few with this problem.