Thread: Sirius Install
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

KNGOBRA is off the scale

First let me start off by saying "Hello", as I'm new here and this is my first post. Now…my wife just bought an H3 last week and we both love it. She got most of the options on it except for the XM radio as we already were Sirius fans and got used to their programming and didn't want to make the switch to XM. Before trading in her car, I pulled out the Kenwood receiver along with the Sirius receiver in hope of using them elsewhere as I just renewed the yearly subscription for Sirius a couple of months ago. After doing some research on the web, I came across the this adapter (KNGM1V7) from Logjam Electronics. This adapter will allow you to use your Sirius receiver with a stock GM radio. The only problem being it didn't list the H3 as being compatible but it did list a lot of other GM cars and trucks as compatible. Well, to make a long story short, I ordered it on a hunch that it would work and rigged it up last night for a quick test and…voilà, I now have Sirius connected through the stock H3 Monsoon sound system. Also, the 6-disc CD changer still works along with all the On-Star stuff.
I was thinking of doing a "How To" with pics if you guys think it would be helpful, I know there are other How To's out there, but I couldn't find anything on the H3.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Check out the "How To" here..</span> click-me

<span class="ev_code_RED">To view some short video clips of the Sirius display..</span> click-me