View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 08:57 PM

jagular7 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MxHonda:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
How do you measure the difference between front to rear?

I would think you would need a point reference like one right behind the front tire and one in front of the rear tire on the kick panel. Why not just take a level on the kick panel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always measure fender height. A tape measure centered on the wheel from the ground to the fender lip. The rear on mine is 40 1/2" and the front is now 39 1/2" with 2 full turns on the torsion bar bolt.
.....snip..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think if you drew a line between the fenders it would be horizontal? Most manu's have a taller front fender than the rear due to the cycling and movement of the front tires up/down & side/side (turning). Would it be the same for the window edge, drawing a horizontal line between the lower edge of the windows? It's really difficult with todays vehicles as they have a sloping front section, a taller rear section, etc all for aerodynamics.

I would think a common point related between front to rear would be used, ie. the kick panel, nerf bars, the steps, etc. I know its just eye-candy, but if you step back 20' you could see a difference.

Come visit: http://www.ksrockspark.com/