View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gotta love my money pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
I prolly banged mine up at RC at some point.

Hmmm...but their all Borg Warners...#4482 or 4484. If you run the part number they're listed as cross fitment parts for nearly every GM truck made from 2003-2005; Escalades, Avalanches, Silverados, HUMMERs you name it.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/.../89059498.html

I do remember the 2003-2004 H2s having a problem with the original cases cracking or something which might have attributed to your problem, but they upgraded the exterior design of the case adding extra structural fins which became standard in mid 04 or 05; and those new case (listed above) ran for 3 years (4 in the case of the H2), so they're should be a lot of them and parts around. They shouldn't be terribly 'rare' especially given how many GM trucks would have been sold during that 3-4 year period. Weird...

...well, at least you've got it all sorted now.

Yes you are probably correct because one shop did tell me I could use a tcase from a Silverado 1500, BUT when I asked if it would be sufficient for the size tires I'm running, the guy was like, "oh never mind". He said something about the belts or ??? inside the tcase would be smaller in the 1500 case vs the H2 case) therefore the addition of oversized tires would not be good . (I'm sure belts is not the correct word, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about). So back to square one I went.

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)