View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Group of *******ers Destroys Alpine Meadow???

I think the X Club needs an HR department for thier Company.

My previous post was simple but I felt I should clarify a few things since we do have quite a bit of AE stuff going on here.

The damage did occure on the trail! It was known by the local club within a day or two. In FACT, one of the local club leaders sawy teh HUMMER group whiel they were. It's hard to miss a bunch of HUMMERS in a small mountain town on a trail that has been dedicated to be maintained/fixed and viewed by BFG as well.

Many know I am also a member at HXC...although I'm questioning if I should be. It's not personal as there are many great people over there who I've enjoyed talking with!!! But, I also debate if I should be due to the dirrection of how things have panned out with the club. Guilt by assocation sort of speak. I have viewed many private threads/ eMails on this whole subject for a while now. Many on the forums want to know what really happened and what was done or not done. Since the topic is not hiding away soemwhere, I may as well put my 2 cents in. I was not there, but thes information I post is from reliable sources. I have promised to keep their names in confidence, so don;t ask!!!

My post was not intended to slam any ONE person. My post was to suggest that those that did mess up on that trip should be held accountable and publicly made an example out of. They were not and the club did ZERO to rectify the situation until others spoke up. This was noted by many in the off road community!!!

Even though this happened months ago, it is still a current topic in private forums of a couple that I frequent other than Elcova and HXC. It's not a dead issue.

By the X board doing nothing publicly, it is perceived that the club will not be held responsible for what their members do on these sanctioned events. This opinion mentioned above has been brought to my attention by a local club (that knows I'm also part of HXC but also knows I was not present when the damage occured). I also stated Alec was not at fault either since his off road conduct was questioned as well. It was two people in their group that have never been out to CO before, but should have know better! That was my reply and the reply of others from what I was told. Damage control only goes so far!

Since the damage was done Alec and Beebs quickly jumped in to try and steer an unacceptable act into the best possible outcome. They did donate funding/ time. I will note that HXC did donate as well. Some of the groups involved viewed throwing a small ammount of money at a problem only helped a minute degree. The local club did fix the said damaged trail. I give the people that did donate funds/ time, the respect they deserve for their efforts. Thank you again!!!

In addition to donating funds, rules should have been placed publicly so this does not happen again. Maybe they have? I have not seen anything though. I do know that WE (THE HUMMER COMMUNITY) have taken steps back as a group due to this setback. I completely understand that you cannot control 100% of everyone in your club(s) and you cannot control what happens on the trail at all times. It's not any one person;s fault that other's make these wrong desisions. People are people and will always make mistakes out there. How you handle those mistakes are how we all can benefit down the road from them.

Off road trail etiquet should be discussed in every club time and time again. The trail leader of each trail every time out should go over some of this stuff before heading out...along with a quick vehicle check.

I know those in charge of the HXC forum DO CARE about the trails, how they are viewed in the public eye, and take pride in their club as we do over here too!!! We all do!

Becasue everyone in these groups have been on many trails at one time or another, I am still shocked as to the way this all panned out like it did. Those that helped rectify the situation (while others did nothing, get ridiculed/ blamed) for bringing bad rep to the club. The rep was out there on a couple of forums before Beebs and Alec knew about it. But yet they had to "prove themeselves they did not spread those rumors." They didn;t! To the best of my knowledge, they did everything possible to make things proper again without the mention of ANY club. At that point it wasn;t about any one person or any club. It was about rectifying the situation at hand.

I'm confident Elcova, X Club, and other groups will make certain this does not happen again. It cannot be allowed, or we can kiss the trails byebye! Educating newbs and reminding your fellow off roaders may not feel like a job you should, but you can discuss it as a group and should be done very time out!!!!! It takes 10 or 15 minutes to do so.

Remember it's a privlage to be able to ride on these trails. It can be taken away at any time!!! Networking between groups doens't happen very often. If you talk with one you can be viewed as an outsider with another. Support the forum you are on!!! That deosn;t mean you cannot support more than one though. Networking between forums can bring the off road comminites together. We can onnly benefit if communication is open an honest. This is why I have chosen to post this exact EMail on a few forums that are still talking!

Again, this is not to slam any one person, but to try and get everyone to see that the responsibilites we all have are imporant in each of our clubs.

Ok, I'm off opioninated rant!

Sorry in adcance for all the spelling mistakes!