View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: h2 feeling a bit sluggish when towing, what are my options to increase torque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
There have been many posted results of electric fan conversion dyno results. It typically nets about 10-25 horsepower. It's a no-brainer upgrade! These hp gains are at the wheels! Use Google

I can see 10-15HP at the rear wheels on a 2wd setup. But now I'm talking about an H2 on an all wheen drive dyno. What do you think a realistic percentage is as far as what the transmission and entire drivetrain consumes? Thats what I'm really interested in.

Take that same 10-15HP, I'd be really impressed if we saw 3-5HP off that. What ever that comes out to, if you look at the $ per HP gain, I dont think it would be in a reasonable/justifiable. Take the cost of all these small net gain mods, and apply that money twards a supercharger or other large power adder, you'd be much better off.

Again i'm not disputing you wont get something out of it, but your not going to feel that by the seat of your pants in our rigs.

It good to see you back active across most of the forums. You were a little distant for a while there.