Thread: diesel swap
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: diesel swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
The global H3 WILL have a diesel for Europe/Asia/Africa; whether or not there will be a diesel in the US remains to be seen. So far, marketing has shown that the diesel is not accepted by the US public yet, for SUV use, only for work trucks or trucks hauling large heavy loads (note fifth wheels,etc.)
We all know the US public is fickle, and their acceptance of a diesel could change at the pump. They love their big rigs, but many don't like the fuel prices. Time will tell, and Chrysler and some of the other brands are testing the market with diesels, and I'm sure GM marketing is looking at their sales figures closely.
To TheArchiTexan, I know people who build design diesels into vehicle, and these might just know a bit more about these engines, and the vehicles they can go into a little more than you, or your buddies.

My thoughts exactly. I wonder what it would take to buy a diesel H3 overseas (when available) and ship it back here? People around the world are buying US H3s and shipping them home. Of course, all the displays would be metric.

Last edited by Wisha Haddan H3 : 06-05-2006 at 08:33 PM.