View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

STL Zombie Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 16.5" H1 HMMWV wheels installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Quick question(s) on driveability. Have you noticed any lack of excelleration? Vibrations? How about top speed? The tires are rated for 80mph (or their about).

I'm looking at the same mod, and I'm not a speed demon in the H2, but I will be towing.

Thanks!

Acceleration is near the same, slightly less, but I was running 37 x 13.50 R18s previously. These were an 1" wider than what I have now. And I do mean slightly less. My wife can't tell a difference but this is my daily driver. It is definitely a much smoother ride than my previous tires / rims.

Vibrations: I had to take my 2 rear wheels to get balanced at a local Off-Road shop (Walmart or Jiffy Lube can't balance a 37" tire). My L Rear took 18oz & my R Rear took 16 oz. I rarely go over 65, but this morning I looked at the speedo & I was doing 72. It was still smoooooth!

I did read that with the Hutchinson VFI Runflats, they spec them as Anti-Mine. Make sure the wheels you get are 'E' Load rated and with the VFI runflats. The older versions do vibrate quite a bit and are near impossible to get balanced.

Good luck & keep me posted!