View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am interested, but $600 seems a bit steep at first glance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the same thing until I talked to RubberDuck on the phone. It seems like there is quite a bit of machine work involved in making the new tierods. The outer ends don't have the same taper as any other ends readily available and have to be recut besides making the pieces that screw into the centerlink. The down side of doing that is if you ever do damage or wear out an outer end you won't easily find a replacement end.

Stock inner and outer ends are listed in the NAPA Auto Parts system. The guy at the parts counter said they list a little over $100 per side and show to be the same part no. as Chev. K3500.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am guessing, but warranty claims would probably be denied on any other steering damage after installing heavier tierods.

BTW,RD also said they plan on making replacement pitman & idler arms also.

$$$$$, How fast do you want to go? $$$$$

Don