View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Functional H2 Hood Vent (Question) (Rain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
Hmmm...okay. That doesn't make sense to me...but then again I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

i agree.. the OEM is just really held in place by the handles which are bolted to the hood. you most likely have to cut the sheetmetal that is under the OEM vent.

i think there will be little you can do for water getting in.
If its not included, i would also add some thin wire mesh to help catch leaves and large debris from getting in the engin compartment.

so out of curiousity, what is your intention for this?

If it is just to get air int he engine compartment.... MHO this seems like a waste of time for the $$$ and time. you could just cut the OEM hood and have just as good of a product with same results.

If this is to increase performance... you will need to make some more modifications. You will need a setup similiar to the old hoodscoops from back in the 60/70's. the schoop would go in to the engin compartment, but it would have a shroud that would enclose the air filter/Carb, so all the fresh air was directed right in to the carb.
You will need to fashion something to the same effect, but going either to your filter, or right to the MAF...
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193