View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Hummer Professional

audiofetish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2000 H1 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
2000 is a good year. TT4 does not have the best off road prowess if thats what your after, but that can be cured with a set of lockers. As far as the coolant goes, make the pressure test the system in front of you. Dont give them a heads up about it, just wander in there and tell them you want to see the system pressure tested, in front of you. If you give them a heads up they could do a quick fix to disguise a larger problem.

A couple of things it could be: Heater control valve, a very common problem. If they cant figure that one out, I would probably steer clear of that dealer just due to the simplicity of the problem.

Thermostats can cause leaks too, along with the housing. My truck is doing that a bit right now.

Hoses.

Heater core. This would be bad.

And finally it could be a cracked radiator mount, I've heard of a number of trucks having this problem over the years.

Out of curiosity, why does the dealer not fix this? Personally, I would be weary of any dealer that does not put a truck in to tip top mechanical condition before sale. Just my 0.02

ssgharkness,

Thanks for the response! That was some great info. I was wondering the same thing about the dealer not fixing the coolant leak. That was the only reason I was hesitating on the purchase. Well everything happens for a reason. I am going to keep my eye out for another one. Thanks again for your time!
95 Heep Wrangler
90 5.Slow
99 HMC4 Sold
01 HMCO Sold
04 H2 Adv Sold
03 H2 Lux Totaled
HOPE Volunteer