View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:57 PM

TootsSUT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jennifer:
[quote]Originally posted by Alec W:
Actually I am totally for this change.

The name should also change to "Twas any Night Before the Holiday Season".

I also have a problem with holiday trees in public places.

If you want a dead tree with lights on it put it in your living room and close the damn drapes.

What right do people have to force thier holiday beliefs at me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The funny thing is that the tradition of decorating a tree originaly started from pagans in forests running around naked, enjoying nature and once a year they would do this decorating thing (right around winter solstice time?) and than they would all have sex together after. Sort of ironic. It had nothing to do with being Christian. The christians back then decided that looked like fun (excluding the sex part after) and took on the tradition for their own holiday.

Santa Claus came from Germany and also has nothing to do with any specific sort of christian religion. He's just supposed to drop down a chimney somewhere and give goodies to kids for the fun of it. Strange but it puts a smile on kid's faces.

It's when you get in to putting crosses up on public or government land where it gets a little complicated. What private owners want to do with their own little piece of the world is one thing. When a government building pushes a specific religion by decoration is another.

Just my thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Response to: Lots of words. Did you answer my question? by Alec.

I did but the last paragraph was not very specific. Here ya go! NOBODY!!

I don't mind church goers but I don't like it when they try to talk me in to going to their church to save my soul!!

I don't like it when the government gets in the way per my last paragraph.

I thinks it's fair for someone who owns their own home to decorate it however they want but I don't think it's fair for them to go over to their neighbor's house and decorate it in the same way without permission!!

I like Santa Claus and a decorated tree in my house but I'm not telling you to like them. I promise!!

Is that a better answer?

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package