View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

New York City is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I hate my 2003 Side mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
When the trucks with the old mirrors were still under warranty you could get them upgraded for free if the old ones stopped folding...I don't know if there was an official 'recall' on them though. After the warranty expired I remember getting a quote from the dealer for $1,400 to replace both.

If memory serves...there are two different types of 'new' mirror. Ones that were specifically meant to swap with the older trucks (these had the older style wiring harness connector) and ones that were not designed to swap (these had the newer style connector for the newer harness).

So put your peepers on those connectors before pulling the trigger on a pricey ebay purchase.

As for their 'looks'...IMO these trucks were OVERr branded from the get go; so I'm a big fan of the clean look of the old mirrors (coated in Line-X). The last thing I wanted/needed were two more 'H2' logos to debadge, but to each his own.

I would actually paint the chrome logo on the mirror to color black if indeed I was to upgrade to them.

I wonder if the ones that go on ebay for around $239 are simple plug & play or customizing would need to be done in order for them to work properly.