View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

JAYB1RD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '07 H3; Aftermarket radio installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96TL
Are you using aftermarket amps or stock?

Thanks.
My stock stereo was the non-bose system, so the only stock amp for me was inside the stock headunit. My door speakers are currently powered by the amp in the aftermarket headunit through the factory wiring. Same configuration, aside from the subwoofers and amp in the back

I just re-read your posts and realized you're pulling out all the stock monsoon equipment. If that is indeed the case, then I believe you'll want to get a non-bose interface like I have. Again, call the manufacturer and ask just to double check. I wouldn't want you to be stuck 1/2 way through an install because of a simple mistake!

The Digistar is nice because it's an all-in-one unit...door chimes, warning chimes, and onstar. There's also an adjustment knob for the door chime volume. The onstar volume is a bit on the quiet side for highway use and is not adjustable. It isn't any less useable, but you do have to listen closely to hear what's being said. In town, and at speeds less than 60mph or so, it's just right though.