View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: IF YOU DRIVE AN FJ YOU MIGHT BE A SISSY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Well, just like any forum, there are some people who make sense and there are some people who simply open their mouths to change feet. Is the FJ the ultimate driving machine? Nope. Neither is the Hummer. Neither is the LandRover Defender 90. Neither is the Audi R10 or the Aston Martin DBR9.

It's all about give and take. To gain speed, you lose off road performance. To gain off road performance you lose a good highway ride.

So why do you buy a vehicle? Are you liquid enough to have a ride for every season? Some of you might be, but most of the world is not. What the FJ Cruiser IS, is an "out of the box" vehicle that is very capable off road. It is also very capable on road.

A Hummer gear head or a Jeep gear head or an FJ gear head can modify their vehicles to be Scorpion like, and climb up a cliff face, but then it has only a resemblence to what it was when it was purchased.

To me it is foolish to criticize FJ owners or FJ's. To me it is just as foolish to criticize Hummer owners or Hummers. I think what we can all agree on, is that someone who buys an offroad vehicle just to look cool going to the golf course is nothing but a poser. But this is 2006, and if someone wishes to be a poser it is their right as well.

What the world needs less of is criticism and condescending remarks. In the famous words of Mr King, "Why can't we all just get along?"

I don't like Hummers. But I will die for your right to buy them and enjoy them. I like FJ Cruisers. Toyota has been good to me. I hope you would respect my right to do so.

Take a long look at that FJ forum and the offroad knowledge flowing there. There are the noobs and the trolls there, just as there are here, but there is also an incredible contingent of those who love the outdoors and want to enjoy it in a vehicle that takes them to it. I think there are some of those here as well.

Rant over.
Peace
Oh just shut the fck up and smoke a joint. If you want to go rub dicks with your fck job lovebuddies, by all means, do so. Don't "arrive" in a thread using your first post as some condescending commentary about how you discredit the condescension that has been flung toward your sacred sh!tmobile.

If anyone has any right to talk about another vehicle, it is us, the Hummer owners. We certainly have the prerogative to do so within the confines of a forum geared toward our own vehicle. Now as to why the FJ is sorely discussed here it is because one of your brethren has attempted to shove it down our collective throats as something it can only dream of being in it's Initials Heyday. It was strategically saddled with the term "Cruiser" for a very specific reason and that's because it does not share the heritage of it's Initialed namesake. Which is in stark contrast to what dumbvalley has lied and ignorantly attempted to convey here.

So, here "dragon" punk moves in with some olive branch piece offering that smacks of the BS that dickvalley has endeavored to shovel since the announcement that the little blue pimple-mobile was growing it's anal warts.