View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Road Rhino Bumper, Rubber Duck Brush Guard, E&G Wide Flairs

been going back and forth w/ Amp Research (the guys that make the power steps). I bought an extra side step and was going to mount it off the rear bumper. The rear hitch combined w/ the distance the steps opens out was preventing me from tucking it up behind the bumper. Finally got a hold of a guy at Amp that actually knows all the various kits, how they open, mount, extend, etc... and got a bracket that completely will tuck up and behind the bumper. It has dual motors- one drops the other extends. So I'm sending back the parts I have now in exchange for this new setup.

I have a 12 gallon air tank mounted up behind the bumper, a 50' enclosed/sealed airhose reel.

Rear end diff is out, had issues w/ the stock carrier. It was machined incorrectly from Eaton and GM didn't track what vehicles got the carrier. Eaton said to send it to them, they machined the face the gear sits on and shipped it back at no cost. Couldn't believe they backed that up. Pretty ****ing unbelievable support as far as I'm concerned.

I had a complete chromoly steering setup made. Everything between the hubs all custom. They didn't cut the idler and pitman splines correctly and somehow lost my centerlink. So they had to remake all that **** again, powercoat it and its supposed to be here tuesday.

I've been trying to get this carbon fiber hood vent from this jack ass in florida since february. Finally found someone local there to go get it from the guy.

I used to hear about builds taking years to get done thinking it just being lazy...There is jus so much crap that depends on this or that, I can't do this untill something else is done, etc... but progress is being made.