View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spring shackle skid plate

Yep that is what happens here. You land on it really hard and get hung up. Even crawling. Going up hills you have no choice and sliding down loose rock they pile up back there. I guess the difference in terrain is what is causing the problem I have. I go almost every weekend and the odds are catching up with me. I have only seen one other H3 on the trails. H2's that came from Texas had some tight places and broke tie rods. I know of two. Are the ones on the H3 bigger, stronger or is it just the H2 with big tires and power grab after spinning and brake them? I have looked at the Fab-Tec but dont know if the are the same for H3. Thought you guys might know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewie
I didn't damage mine at all on either of the Rubicon runs and I don't think any of the other 3's did either. But with slow rock-crawling like that, you're probably not going to damage that area unless you land on it really hard or get hung up on it and try to power through. On a trail like that the skids will help most by keeping you from getting hung up on that plate.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.