View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Terrorists dont use credit to buy WMD!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker
Ahh, the difference would be (to me) would be Credit and Banking History in this case would be reffering the Credit Reporting institutions for lines of credit, (secured and unsecured) loans, business loans, propery loans pretty much anything with a large "credit line" associated with it that would not show as a "credit transaction".

Where as, credit cards are merely a financial transaction when you make a purchase which is already tracked and reported on. We have given "the govt" lawful access to this data years ago.

Okay, so I see what you mean.

But the requests are for suspected people only and if they are submitted a subpeona- those suspects would be onto the investigation itself and the operation would be botched on that individual.

Where as before an investigative agency would let you know prior to an investigation via subpeona.

Where as you or me as an individual would have one look at this 'history' if we were to apply for a loan of some sort.

I can see where, yes, allowing an agency to view records without your knowledge or subpeona can be viewed as a threat to some with privacy/law issues. The credit card transactions- the same.

It seems harmless to me in this situation, especially if they had the go ahead for the other measures. They could be able to look anyway if they wanted. You would just know about it first.

Why?:

There could be loans for flight school tuition, cars, vans, planes. Paid for by someone else outside the country or obtained with co-signers affiliated with a known terror group. Cash would draw attention, therefore the standard loan/credit and the records would show the trail.

I believe it is more about the sponsorship. The "martyrs" have a free life scholarship for their duties so to speak.

Last edited by h2co-pilot : 01-16-2007 at 07:09 PM.