View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

I agree Rancho makes good shocks... Well actually Monroe makes them, Rancho just puts their name on them. As far as the Quality of the Rancho system, it looks to be built nicely, good welds, nice paint ect.but theres alot more to the design than just looks. From the two kits that I have seen installed (not including tims, which I didnt see)The same problems have arisen for these owners as well, complaints of poor braking, bad handling as well as the compatable use of the stock tires/wheels. One of the people I know has already has had the kit taken off and returned it. The other is planning on haiving it taken off. The dealer oem Warranty is completed voided by using this kit reguardless of what TallJeep says. Maybe not from all dealers in the world but out here in Arizona is sure is. I have put over 700 miles of offroad use on my H3 and believe that one of the only issues with the H3 is clearance. I look forward to lifting mine like many others do and just want to have the right combination of height and handling without having to spend alot of wasted money just because it is a H3 and not a Chevy Colorado/Canyon (compare Lift Kit prices). I also have a Jeep with a RC 6" lift and it performs great with zero bumpsteer, articulates great, has plenty of clearance and allows me to use 33" tires without rubbing without any funky backspacing problems. It was affordable and EZ to install and the vehicle aligned with no problems at all. If Rough Country is going to offer the same product for the H3, well Thats awesome.I know I wont be putting on a Rancho kit, Thats for sure. I know hundreds of Jeep owners but not one of them actually owns a rancho lift although a great deal of them have the Monroe (Rancho) Shocks including me. I would really love to see other companies such as Rubicon Express, Rock Krawler as well as any other manufacture offer a lift for the H3. It would be great to more options and competition to bring the prices down to realitiy. I love the performance of my H3 and its offroad capabilities are great for being a stock vehicle with a Locker. I too look forward to having it for years and using it for what it was designed for. "Offroading". I just hate hearing people that Dont own an H3, tell people that do own one what the problem is and why. Course that is just my opinion,I could be wrong.