Thread: South Florida
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

H Duece is on a distinguished road
Default Re: South Florida

I know it looks pretty dry right now...but make no mistake about it...once we start getting rain again, 70% of the ground will be under water. It's a bonefide swamp.

Besides the mud and water obsticles, there are some trees (not branches...I'm talking trunks) that you'll have to thread your rig through very carefully. And if you are afraid of pinstriping, then shields and tape are a good thing to have because branches, leaves, etc WILL be scraping up against your truck.

Due to the narrowness of most the trails, recovery efforts will be made by the rig directly in front or behind you as there's not enough room to reposition trucks. My friend with the Jeep has had to winch himself out back in there a few times. I'm going to HAVE to get one if I plan on off roading these trails once it floods because my friends Jeep doesn't have the azz to pull me out of some of the mud pits.

If anyone wants to make this run while it's still dry (now)...or when it's only partially flooded (February - March), let me know and we'll go out there. Generally, any Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday is fine with me. Just send me a PM.