View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ABS and TC lights

**UPDATE** After 2 months of being at the shop, I finally picked up my boy 2TUF4U.

So to recap, he was leaking fluid in the driveway pretty heavy. I thought it was tranny fluid, but it turned out to be a cracked T-case. Replaced the entire T-case with a rebuilt one, and also the "extension housing" (?) which was also leaking. No more leak, but T-case switch still blinks and won't shift to 4H or 4L. Rebuilt T-case came with a new encoder motor. The mechanic wasn't sure if it was working, so he ordered another new encoder motor. Still wouldn't engage electronically; however the case could be engaged manually.

Next, purchased a new GM T-case switch from the dealer, installed it and lights still just blink. ABS and TC lights are still on, but remember, the last time they went off, T-case shifted as directed. I am unsure if the lights are related to the switch issue, but it sure seems like it. The dealer said on my 03 model, there is a control module under the dash. Rarely does it go out, but that may be the culprit of the switch failing.

Still uncertain if the two problems are related, but for an$120 diagnostic fee, I guess since it's drive-able now, I will take to the dealer soon.

$1959 dollars later, what's another $120 to know what's wrong exactly.

I'll update once I know something. Hell, maybe I'll pony over another $400 bucks and have the front seat warmers fixed before these TX winters get here

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)