View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deicustoms:
F5 - instead of removing the cluster to get the turn signals.

They can be picked up at the BCM:
Turn Signal(L) - lt. blue (F), yellow (R) + BCM, black plug, pins A3, B1 You cannot connect to these wires. Understand how the BCM operates. Pin A3 is to the front turn signals; and to the DRL lamps. Your DRL are the turn signals. So, if you connect the signal mirrors to this circuit, the mirros will be on all the time. Yes, they will flash, but since this is also the DRL circuit, whenever the DRLs are on, so will the mirrors.
Pin B1 feeds ther rear lamps, and since there is only one bulb, this is also the brake as well as the turn. So the mirors will come on when the brakes are applied. (See my remarks previously when I considered tapping into the rear wires...I forgot there is only one bulb there.)

Turn Signal(R) - dk. blue (F), dk. green (R) + BCM, black plug, pins A19, B2Same as for the left side
Now, if you wanted to tap into at the BCM, you can tap into connector C2, pins A6 (Lt. Blue) and A26 (Dark Blue). These are the same wires going to the cluster that they tell you to tap into behind the cluster. They are dedicated turn signal wires.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why I would still connect to the cluster. To remove cluster, pull off the outer trim panel around the cluster, remove four screws, pull cluster back and there are the wires. To tap in at the BCM, requires pulling the BCM wires connector off, and fighting since they are tightly wrapped. I would guess, without trying yet, it is easier at the cluster. But if you prefer at the BCM, go for it.
However, you will have to add wiring to the harnesses that come with the mirrors. Even if you install the passenger harness (longest of the two) in the driver's side, I don't believe it will reach all the way to the right kick panel to the BCM. No problem, just some butt end connectors, but one more splice in the line to make.