View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ABS and TC lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
BUNNY...no, I haven't figured it out yet. I personally think I've damaged the ABS module or some other control module from repeatedly running it through deep water. I still get the TC, ABS, and Parking Brake lights...typically all three, sometimes only two of the three; but eventually they all three light up again.

I've been rolling with it as is for a while since it drives fine...and because I have no off-road trips planned until Sept.

I got some additional input on a 'possible' culprit today though. I had to have the evap line for the AC replaced and asked the tech (local Midas shop) to give me his thoughts on my squeaky rear brakes. He said that my rear bearings have some play, which is causing the brakes to make noise at low speeds when applying slight pressure to the pedal. He went on to say that this 'play' could also be throwing my wheel speed sensors out of whack and hence causing the ABS, TC, etc. lights to come on. I passed on the repair for now, but thought it was worth a mention. I'm not sold on the idea that my WSS are causing my particular problem, especially since I also can't shift my transfer case; but what do I know...I'm not a trained mechanic, I'm just working off of layman's logic. EDIT: Actually I take that back...I just re-read some of HUMTECH's comments and he mentioned that I should check the "transfer case speed sensor wiring and connectors"...hmmm...maybe the Midas tech was on to something.

I scored a Tech2 scan tool a while back and plan on probing around in the truck this weekend or next to see what I can turn up on my own to help me diagnose. There's a little bit of a learning curve with the Tech2 'cause there's just so many options it's a bit overwhelming and not something that you can just 'jump right into'...unless you're merely scanning for DTCs.

I know I haven't been on in a while, but will make an effort to post back more results after I get the Tech2 on the truck.

My lights are STILL on and on some starts they are off until I drive a few miles, then they come back on and stay on. Idk the problem, but I haven't had a need for 4WD in a while, so it's not the biggest problem to have right now. Need to get it fixed before November though.

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)