View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which OPTIMA battery to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDan
I put in a Red Top.

It came with a different clamp/clip that fits at the bottom of the battery. The nylon strap is too loose with the optima and the plastic cover needs to be trimmed to make room for the sight change in the terminal locations.
DesertDan would you happen to know the Red Top part number? Can you describe or show a picture of the clamp/clip you used? Can you describe or show a picture of the mod you made to the plastic cover?

Trying to find a battery for my H3 overseas is turning out to be a pain. I can get one at the HUMMER dealer, but it is $368 and a 6-hour roundtrip to collect it. They cannot ship it to me as they don't have a courier to transport acid filled batteries. (I bet this same battery is $100 back in the States.)

I can get a gel battery like the Optima ($40-80 cheaper) shipped, but who really wants to take the Dremel drill to their new car to make it fit?
  • Who has bought a replacement ACDelco P/N 86-7YR? Cost?
  • Who has had their ACDeleco battery replaced with another free by their dealer?
  • Who has replaced their battery with another brand like the Optima? What was the part number?

Last edited by mountainbiker : 10-22-2006 at 11:23 AM.