View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

Spiffy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TacomasruleoverH2's:
I will probably not respond to this post, and I don't care what any of you say about me, thats OK. I just can't believe how you people think an H2 is an off-road vehicle of sorts. Yes it is good when you have trails the size of texas, and you have plenty of money to replace broken parts from going on semi-difficult trails(ex. the broken tie-rod incident), now I dont live in Cali. where I think most of you live? But I know there are some good trails out there, and I know there are plenty of Tacoma people out there that would love to go wheelin w/ some H2's. I just think it is stupid to buy a $40K-$50K? vehicle, and think it can go somewhere because it is a Hummer, if you act like you are rich, Buy an H1, there will be no crap talkin from me about the H1's, they are some bad machines. But to take a regular truck frame, and put a big box on it and call it a Hummer is just plain bull. Now I have to say its a good thing that people that are not afraid to spend their money on an expensive vehicle are not afraid to take it off-road, and I give props to the guy that messed up his H2 by tryin, I just think it is alot more sensible to buy a smaller, er, cheaper vehicle and fix it up to make an off-road vehicle. For $50k, I could build any small (Tacoma, Nissan, S10, Ranger, etc) truck to out wheel a H2 any day of the week. Take my Tacoma for example, no its not a new truck, it was $7K, its a 1995.5, 35" tires, sliders, front/rear bumpers, no locker, and soon to be solid front axle, and when the solid axle is in, or even before for that matter, I will go wheeling with any of you on the east coast(NC), and if you do better than me, thats good, but if not, then thats better for me, because then I would have a $7K(up to around $8K-9K now probably) vehicle that will outhwheel a number of Landrovers(new and old ones), and H2's.

So anybody wanna wheel at Uwharrie in NC, get in touch with me, who knows, maybe you will prove me wrong. Just hope you are not like the smart guy here in NC that rolled his brand new H2 at Uwharrie, guess thats what you get when you think your invincible in your big Hummer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you care what anyone drives. It's no skin off your ass if they spend 50K plus on a H2.