View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wireless Start-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Ouch, $780. The clifford matrix rsx 3.5 msrp is $600, but I think dealers get it for something like $200-$250. I bought mine new for $230. I imagine the sst is similar in pricing, quite the markup!

yea, i overpaid, but if it does the job, i dont really care, i rather have peace of mind than 300 or 400 bucks in my pocket (both would be best ). I'll get pissed of if i have a problem with it or something of that sort.

I was planning on going with the clifford sst, but the installer didnt have it in stock, and i wanted to get it put in as soon as possible. theres been some increase in theft around here lately, and i just installed a pioneer Z1 (several weeks ago), so kind of want to protect my investment.

i really like the responder remotes, you actully know when somethings goin on, so you can go and take care of it yourself, instead of reliyng on the assumption that the crook will freak and run, or that someone else may help.

from what i am able to tell from the specs is that viper sst and clifford sst are basically the same system, different labeling. Maybe difference in reliability, but dont know. I like the color/design of the clifford remotes, like a carbon fiber look.

Last edited by marin8703 : 10-14-2006 at 03:28 AM.