View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: help!! throttle control malfunction/power failure/traction control problem

well if you must get rid of the hummer (very disappointing by the way) id go with the yukon. My last truck was a 97 yukon and I couldnt kill it. I mean really, it wouldnt die. I did rebuild the transmission but we tow a boat from NC to PA and also to FL every year atleast once a year and I was young and drove it like a teenager. Traded it in last year on my H3 with 273,000 mileso it and it still ran like a champ. Luckily I convince the wife that it was no longer safe to drive on long trips and that a new rig was in order. Dont know how I got her conviced the H3 was the right replacement (oh yeah I brought it home and said what do you think ) The Yukon did very well in the snow we get down here nothing spectacular in the mud but it did fairly well. Your main loss will be with approach, departure angles, and ground clearance, not to mention gas milage but it was one solid stock truck. Just make sure you atleast get the Z71 package and 4x4.