View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

cestwick is off the scale
Default Re: Front leveling = Rear sagging???

Quote:
Originally Posted by evldave
Pics look good. Seems like it might be a good idea to put a support bar between the two sides of the shackle? It looks like it deflects and a support bar might prevent any problems. If you read all my preveous posts I stated that I was planning to put a tie bar in but wanted to wait to see how they fit and handled before I welded a bar in.

Also, on the front IFS, would a sway bar disconnect really matter? Seems like suspension travel would be limited by the upper & lower arms, not the sway bar (like in a SFA). I was talking for the rear. Front has travel limitations as we all know.

For the rear, might be a good idea, when you flex out the rear suspension, does the sway bar limit travel down or is it the leaf springs. W/longer shackles, the sway bar might become the limiting factor (or shocks). I guess I have to get the hummer out and flex the crap out of the rear and see. The bigest limiter is the shock (I have new longer ones on order from BDS) but if we start flexing these more then factory they are going to be another factor.

Only thing I am trying to do is level the truck and give it a hair more lift in the most cost effective manner. When all is said and done I should have an inch or 2 over stock, level truck, better articulation in rear, and the same relative ride quality for under $200.
'06 H3 Shadow Green, Adventure, 6 disk Monsoon, SMA brush guard w/PIAA lights, Rocky Road extreme rocker protection, roof lights(off road), lower grill lights(off road), Helo Maxx8 Black Wheels, 35" Cooper STT, Garmin I-Que M4 to get home.