Thread: WATER LEAK
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WATER LEAK

My water leak was similar, but on the passenger side. After changing the windshield twice, damaging the roof, changing the headliner 5 times, they located the source of the leak. It could not be seen from the outside, but was found by soaping the roof and blowing air from the inside, finding the bubbles on the outside. Turned out being the roof seam above the passenger side door.

It all started a few days after I bought it and after 17 months, they are making another repair. Hoping when I get home from my overseas job at the end of the month, I can get it back and stay with me for a while. Hummer will not do anything for me, nor contact me. I guess they are afraid that if they do acknowledge the problem, they will open themselves up for a law suit. Little do they know, by ignoring me, that's exactly what's coming anyways. Lawyer says we should be able to get a fair bit for diminished value. Don't really care about the money, just want Hummer to know I'm alive.

If it was not for the dealer, nothing would have ever been done. But after so many times in the shop, at least 10, it seems that a permanent fix will never be had.