Thread: ScanGauge2
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ScanGauge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzH3
I have had one of these for about 8 months now and I love it. I use the "miles remaining on tank" feature all the time. There is a lot of great information that this thing has. I have mine sitting on the dash right up at the windshield and drivers A-pillar and I ran the cable down the back of the dash.
My only wish is that it could read how much fuel is in the tank and reset itself when you get gas. You have hit the "more" button and "fillup" to reset it. It's really easy, but it would be nice to not have to do that.

The company is also in the process of building a USB PC link for it so you can download saved info to your PC or upload programming updates to the Scan Gauge. I keep emailing them, but it is not available yet.

i was reading that in the manual, about not reading the tank, instead needing to be reset when you refill. I was wondering how accurate it is like that. In teh manual it says not to trust it after 50 miles, i guess thats excessive, but since you've had it for a while what do you think about that? how accurate is it? Would you go down to 5 or 10 miles left?

thanks!