Thread: ScanGauge2
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale
Default Re: ScanGauge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
i was reading that in the manual, about not reading the tank, instead needing to be reset when you refill. I was wondering how accurate it is like that. In teh manual it says not to trust it after 50 miles, i guess thats excessive, but since you've had it for a while what do you think about that? how accurate is it? Would you go down to 5 or 10 miles left?

thanks!

It seems very accurate to me. Usually, at about 45 miles remaining the low fuel light comes on. The light is supposed to come on at 3 gallons remaining, so at about 15MPG it seems very accurate to me. I have never run mine down to 5 or 10 miles remaining, but it seems accurate enough to do it. As long as you do the refill step right after you fill-up, it should be good. The only problem is that if you only fill your tank half-way it will be off. The fill-up step expects you to fill the tank completely. That is why I wish it could read the fuel level. Then it wouldn't matter how much you put in.
The new PC interface is supposed to allow updates to the ScanGauge, so hopefully things like this will be changed in the future.