View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: More Rear Air Problems! Advice Needed!

I forgot if you had been told to and had checked the fitting at the inside of the rig. If I have my air hose hooked up inside, it will let the air out of the airbags and the ride height will come down. Maybe the valve core is leaking or something? Try replacing the valve core (they are super cheap at any auto parts store) and maybe even get a new valve cap that is made of steel and has an o-ring inside it and tighen it down well. I know that you found one of the bags to be bad but maybe this could be something contributing to the leak?
I don't know, good luck though.
Also, as far as replacing the compressor, I know the factory one is REDICULOUSLY expensive and I plan to replace mine (if I ever have to) with a quality aftermarket VIAIR or something. They are a LOT cheaper and will be just as or more depndable.
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.