View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: FINALLY...Taz's H2

Hey partsguy I will see if We can get together. I do not know My schedule yet. But, buying plane tickets at last minute is a bummer. I do not travel enough to know how to get the last minute good deals. But, the schedule is that unpredictable right now. Hoping to have it locked down soon like today but, waiting on a partner in the deal to let me know when i need to get on a plane. It sure would be great to get to see you. We will do our best to.

If someone can help me to understand how to get last minute deals on airfare I can leave from Little Rock,AR or Memphis,TN. it is just an hour and half drive from Me. Well that is if I took reasonable amount of time to drive to Memphis.
So any advice as to how to get good deals on last minute flights with unfilled seats please let me know how it all works and what to do.

I know You are not going to like this partsguy but, it is not right to not give credit where credit is due. partsguy has been a huge part of this build. It did not take long to find out that most of the dealers I called trying to learn more about certain issues We ran into to get help with in figuring out something whether parts or anything in general We already knew more than the guys we were talking to. We learned quick not to waste time just call partsguy. He would either know what Dragon and I needed to know & if not He would go to engineers at Hummer for us to get an answer if He had to. The same with parts. Where we had issues with having to buy a $1200 piece of equipment to get a $50 dollar part off it partsguy dug into it and broke it down making phone calls till He was able to get Us the part seperate when all the dealers i called just answered based on what they knew from past year models and the 2005 & up Hummer did some smart stuff and changed some of the highway robbery on parts that the dealers were getting away with. partsguy made sure we did not buy anything more or less than just what We needed to do what We needed. If it did not break down as far as where he could tell if it should be something that We should be getting by itself then He went and talked to who or how many people He needed to so We did not waste money.

I'm not sure if it is appropriate to mention His dealer name so i will leave that to someone else on the forum that knows or to partsguy Himself to mention. I just know that if this guy was at no matter what dealer it was or where it was he would still have done the same thing. So I'm just trying to give someone credit for being more dedicated to the Hummer World than just pushing paper around of which i have heard that partsguy has got to do more of now since He has more responsibilities than he use to.

So thanks partsguy You have been an intregal part of this build with Your knowledge of the systems. It really is good to see a guy that understands the Hummer and has as much knowledge about the functioning of the parts as You do and not just where is the part bolted on at. Thanks for saving Our hide on several occasions.

Oh and someone mentioned the light bars. It just so happened that i had a Buddy that had them in My hands before it was know that they were going to be available. When he looked into them after Me hearing a rumor He went out and some how got me a set of offcial Hummer light bars for a H2.
Thanks partsguy and i look forward to along frienship as well as a business friendship. I know that Dragon feels the same way. We both have discussed who the go to man is. If You do not have an answer You will find the answer ASAP.

I have not been able to go to shop for almost 5 weeks now because of off and on driving restrictions by doctors. But, Dragon gets more done when i'm not up there in the way anyhow but, man it has been hard having to stay away. I just miss it. I tell Dragon it is My happy place where i forget all the things going on to me around me I just ignore phone for awhile and have fun while there. It has been that way from the beginning but, Dragon made some personel changes since i got to go back last time that has made it better than it was I'm guessing. Dragon seems happier and that is what makes Me happiest.

THANKS partsguy I know You help allot of us.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
Ric,
If you're gonna be close (pittsburg=4 hours)Call me.
My daughter has a baseball game next Sat. At 1:00 but free
the rest of the day.I can load up and drive to steel city no problem.

As far as the SUT truck I think the person who owns it would be heart broken if it were to be gone for a long period of time.

Thanks Pappy!!!!!!!
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges