View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Tnanks F5Fstop I got the driver seat back off tonight and pulled a head rest.

I am still a bit fuzzy on where to tie in the wiring.

I did talk to a frined in CA. he siad there is a small gang of wires unde the dash to the right of the cloumn...well actually it is right next to the courtesy light beside the hump.

Placed there from the factory all hot and the ends are heat shrinked..he told me to pull the lower dash panel off and zI would see them after removing the small steel late held on with 6 10mm bolts.

I stuvck my head under there and they are there and you can get to them w/o taking the dash apart.
The wires there are labeled as well.

They are as follows trailer, brake ground and constant...problem is there isnt a switched +12v lead there but like you said mabye I can grab that one under the drivers door sill? yellow wire?

I need to oull the sill and probe it while turning the key...if there is one there and it is keyed power do you rthink it would be ok mto tie into it? I cant imagine the draw from the dvd head rests is that great.

I will run a small harnes I will make from under the dash tie in the constant +12 and the ground then hit the yellow under the sill with your ok.

what are your thoughts..

also look under the dash by the coutresy light prettty cool to have those wires there ZI wonder why tyey are there? perhaps a trailer brake (dash mounted)??

Thank You